Preparation for the Bicentenary
Launch of the Fourvière Year
On the 23rd July 2016 we will celebrate the 200th anniversary of the Pledge that was made by twelve young men, some of them newly ordained priests, others still semina-rians, in the chapel of Fourvière in Lyons, to consecrate themselves to founding the congregation of Marists. Today, one year before that jubilee, marks the end of the Montagne Year in the Institute and the beginning of the Fourvière Year, whose theme will be: “The Society of Mary – fraternity: associates for the mission (Brothers and Laity)”.
Dublin welcomes educators and students from Cruz del Sur Province
Each summer, Moyle Park College in Clondalkin welcomes hundreds of Brothers and lay people from all over the world to its Summer School, a programme to help them improve their English. We are pleased to present here an article that was published on July 9th, in Spanish, on the website of the Marist Brothers in the Province of Cruz del Sur (Argentina and Uruguay), http://www.maristas.com.ar/
Marist College Chapel Mindelheim built 65 years ago
The Marists have been in Mindelheim since 1926 and from the beginning have had their own chapel within the Internat and School buildings. Before the Second World War the Brothers had planned to build a larger chapel for the Internat, school and the people of the neighbourhood. Due to the expulsion of the Brothers by the Nazis in 1937 the building could not be put up until after the Second World War. In memory of the Sacred Heart Juniorate in Arlon, the diocesan Bishop Joseph Freundorfer dedicated the church to the Sacred Heart on 27th June 1950.
Workshop for community animators
Around twenty Brothers, community leaders and other members, gathered from 19th to 21st June at the invitation of the Provincial in Moriah, a house of the Schönstatt Sisters near Koblenz.