Two congregations launch documentary on refugee project in Lebanon
The Marist Brothers and the De La Salle Brothers have officially launched “The Fratelli Project” documentary explaining how they are helping refugee children in Lebanon.
Read more »
Meeting of the network of Marist communities of Europe
El Escorial, 8-12 August 2015
Three years ago, at the request of the Marist European Conference (CEM) and organised by the “Brothers Today” Commission, an initial meeting took place of Brothers from newly founded communities in the European Provinces. This second meeting followed the same structure as the first allowing Brothers, and lay people who are closely involved in their projects, to share their experiences, further discuss themes of common interest and to strengthen the link between them.
End of the school year
The Champagnat Fête at the Marist College in Mindelheim
The fête, organised at the end of the school year, began with a Eucharistic celebration attended by a large turnout of family and friends.
Preparation for the Bicentenary
Launch of the Fourvière Year
On the 23rd July 2016 we will celebrate the 200th anniversary of the Pledge that was made by twelve young men, some of them newly ordained priests, others still semina-rians, in the chapel of Fourvière in Lyons, to consecrate themselves to founding the congregation of Marists. Today, one year before that jubilee, marks the end of the Montagne Year in the Institute and the beginning of the Fourvière Year, whose theme will be: “The Society of Mary – fraternity: associates for the mission (Brothers and Laity)”.
Dublin welcomes educators and students from Cruz del Sur Province
Each summer, Moyle Park College in Clondalkin welcomes hundreds of Brothers and lay people from all over the world to its Summer School, a programme to help them improve their English. We are pleased to present here an article that was published on July 9th, in Spanish, on the website of the Marist Brothers in the Province of Cruz del Sur (Argentina and Uruguay), http://www.maristas.com.ar/
Marist College Chapel Mindelheim built 65 years ago
The Marists have been in Mindelheim since 1926 and from the beginning have had their own chapel within the Internat and School buildings. Before the Second World War the Brothers had planned to build a larger chapel for the Internat, school and the people of the neighbourhood. Due to the expulsion of the Brothers by the Nazis in 1937 the building could not be put up until after the Second World War. In memory of the Sacred Heart Juniorate in Arlon, the diocesan Bishop Joseph Freundorfer dedicated the church to the Sacred Heart on 27th June 1950.
Workshop for community animators
Around twenty Brothers, community leaders and other members, gathered from 19th to 21st June at the invitation of the Provincial in Moriah, a house of the Schönstatt Sisters near Koblenz.
Formation Course for Lay Marists
A course for Lay Marists from throughout the world was conducted in Rome from 18th May till 2nd June. The purpose was to see how these Lay Marists could contribute to the formation of other Lay Marists. Read more »
Sports and solidarity
Football World Cup Trophy in Marist College Mindelheim
When the German football team won the World Cup in 2014, the German Football Association decided to make the trophy available for a tour around the country. The Mindelkicker (a member of Vimeo) and Marist College with the use of a video and joining in various sporting events with asylum seekers applied for the trophy to be brought to Mindelheim for a day. Several hundred clubs and schools applied. Only 63 places were successful, including Mindelheim. Read more »
Message from the Superior General
Brother Emili Turú, Superior General, has released a video message for the feast of Saint Marcellin, the founder of the Institute, on the 6th June. Read more »